Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Joseph


My nephew, Joseph is 6. When he saw the ultrasound he told my mom it was a girl and her name was silly girl. He came back later and said it was actually a boy. On the way to my house he told my mom
"we are going to see my brother"
"your brother?"
".... oh my cousin"

once at my house he walked into our extra room, looked around with hopeful confusion and asked if I had the baby yet. I told him that once he starts 1st grade then his cousin would come. Today his mom sent me the following text
"Joseph says he is so excited to go to the big grade because then he gets to have his baby cousin"

Joseph is so cute! I can't wait to see him be a big cousin, we have already been talking to him about how the baby won't want to do anything for a long time but I'm not sure how much of that is sinking in. He also has the mixed blessing of being a ranch kid and has seen animals give birth and seen babies so I can only imagine what he is thinking. When we told him he just looked at me for a long time. He is going to be such a great big cousin, I can't wait to see him step into that roll. I'm so blessed that I get to live close and see him as much as I do.

Love these boys

No comments: