Saturday, March 13, 2010

13 Weeks

First belly picture: 13 weeks

13 weeks!?!?! This is my last week of month three and the end of the first trimester. Next Thursday I am officially in the second trimester of my pregnancy. This is both exciting and kind of overwhelming. I'm very excited about becoming a parent, I think currently my biggest fear is the money part. Already expenses have popped up that I never thought of like vitamins and maternity clothes (thank goodness for hand-me-downs). And as my friend and I shopped around Target, she filled the cart with diapers.... ok I know part of baby raising requires diaper changing but I never actually thought about the amount you go through and the cost!

This summer we need to fundraising which feels overwhelming but God's timing is perfect, if it was during the school year we would be hard pressed for time. And also we found out early enough so that we are not doing a overseas summer program. We are so excited though because with this pregnancy happening when it did we were able to look at local alternatives for the summer and found a two week Summer Training Program which students come to. It's right at the beginning of summer which is perfect for me since I will be getting large and also fits around fundraising and we also hope to help with Vacation Bible study at our local church.

The only bummer is my due date is right at the beginning of the school year and I heard the first month you don't want to take the baby out because you don't want to expose them to germs. So it will be hard to not be involved. My mom has offered to stay with us in the beginning and depending on how I feel I'm hoping I can leave baby with her and at least attend the weekly Gathering. Tom thinks the baby will be early but it's in God's hands and I know He has a plan for us.

Today I started Ezekiel, I have never read it completely, just verses here and there. So far I'm really enjoying it. I love reading about the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament. I think we are so spoiled now, we are so use to having the Holy Spirit in us that we forget before Jesus the Holy Spirit would only be "given" to certain people for certain times. We are so blessed by this gift.

I'm enjoying this Saturday, Tom is helping friends move and I am lounging around the house. I enjoy days when my to-do list is less than 5 items. And one of them is baking some yummy treats for my brothers birthday. His birthday was Wednesday but we are having a birthday BBQ tomorrow for him. He is so hard to buy for because the only things he wants are usually expensive like a cow. But like me, he loves food so I figured since we can't really afford anything he would really want, I'm sure he will enjoy yummy treats instead. I'm planning on making cream cheese brownie bites and depending on time and if I have enough chocolate maybe some homemade fudge too.


No comments: