Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Weekend in San Francisco

So I somehow manage to get my entries deleted a lot. I was writing one the other day and then it just closed, I was so annoyed. Anyway we stayed at Maxwell Hotel in San Francisco. It was so cute (sorry didnt have a camera and couldnt find a picture online). I'm bummed though because they are currently working on remodeling it and it will no longer have the 30s look but a modern art look, as if the city isnt already full of hotels that look like that. So sad, but they didnt ask my opinion.







We also checked out the Conservatory of Flowers which had the butterfly exhibit and the Legion of Honor











We did some shopping too, a pretty casual weekend overall so that was nice. Tom made it home safe and sound.

It's been so crazy around here. Computer problems at work are driving me nuts. And then just tons of other stuff. Friday we are heading up to Tom's parents, we are all going to a baseball game Saturday. But leaving Friday also means we are missing out on two events, AHHH! Thursday Tony Campola is speaking at our church.

Yesterday Tom met Peter Gall, author of My Beautiful Idol. He was pretty excited, he just read it recently and really enjoyed it. Oh and yesterday Dora and I went to Woods Humane Society and now can volunteer. Very exciting and definitly looking forward to it. The guy is really nice, and he mentioned he needs help coordinating fundraisers, SWEET!

Came across this verse this morning: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
Its comforting. I have had so many troubles the last year and a half but it's nice to know that God sees it and loves me. That someday these issues that are causing me so much hurt will seem so small. It's still hard in the here and now but I just have to have hope and faith that God has a plan and that things will get better.

No comments: