Monday, October 27, 2008

Computer, knitting and cupcakes

Today Tom came home with a new laptop for me! We have decided to cancel our tv and I said how I would really like a laptop in order to stay in touch with the world, especially since I mostly work from home now. We looked and then today he brought one home for me! So here I am on my new computer which by the way in it's first month of being in the Nelson family will get to enjoy a trip to Egypt. Lucky computer ;)

I have started knitting again. I had tried before but being overly critical I kept pulling out all my work. I decided this time I am going all the way no matter what happens, I am making a full scarf. It is coming along much faster than I thought, apparently all the practise before has helped me with the cordination of knitting. Once I am finished I shall post a picture (even if it ends up ugly).

Also I have recently found a blog about cupcakes, the lady makes all flavors and with amazing decorations, I'm inspired to try some myself. I'm making strawberry cupcakes for Halloween... this is largely due to the fact that there was a case of strawberry cake mix going out of code next month and so my dad sent me home with some. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going the down the easy road and doing something basic, hey people will actually see this, I will try something more daring when it's just me and Tom seeing them. Speaking of Tom, I promised to stop playing with my new toy and tuck him in, so until tomorrow ;)

No comments: