Tuesday, October 14, 2008

2008 National Youth Workers Convention

I am home, we had such a busy weekend, it went by so fast but it was so much fun, it really was just an amazing time. We had a group of 7 and it was so nice to have meals together and actually take the time to talk about the speaker we had just heard.

We got in Friday and for our first general session got to worship with Lincoln Brewster and also Mercy Me. Throughout the weekend we also got to worship with Starfield, Shane and Shane, Hawk Nelson, The Glorious Unseen and someone I had never heard of named Kendall Payne who had the most amazing lyrics. There were tons of speakers at the general sessions and at the seminars, I got to hear Shane Clairborne and Tony Campolo (again). I also really enjoyed Mike Pilavachi, a youth worker who is British and he was dead on what you think of when you think British humor, he definitly had some funny stories. Also we had some great comedians there, ever heard of the Skit Guys? I never had but I totally recomend checking them out. Also Ron McGehee was hilarious!

Even though there was so much and we generally were going from 8 until 11 or later I feel so good coming out of it (this is also me talking after a full night sleep) it was so cool to hear real people talking about mistakes they had made, things that worked, things that didnt. It was amazing to worship God with a huge room FULL of youth workers. I bought some books to read and look forward to just thinking about all I learned. I'm so glad I went and that I got to share the experience with my husband.

No comments: