Monday, May 12, 2008

Chris Simning

Tom and I got to go on a college retreat at Mount Herman and listen to a speaker named Chris Simning (check out link below). Such an amazing guy, he was just so honest and real and has a great sense of humor. It was cool getting to hear him speak.

http://www.obscureministries.com/home.aspx

So I helped start a new bible study that meets at my house every tuesday, we have only had 2 meetings but it's been really great. We do an appetizer, salad and dessert and then study the book of Daniel. It's a massive group of.... 3 lol. But it's all good, I think we have one or two new people this week. It's neat to be small though you feel like everyone is more comfortable to really talk.

Oh and please keep my cousin in your thoughts and prayers, I think I mentioned in an earlier post that she was pregnant, she lost the baby a few weeks ago. I couldnt even imagine what she is going through. My mom who endured miscarriages said the hardest thing was that noone understood that for you it was a baby. And not just a baby but a perfect baby, one who had never messed up or done wrong. In the movie Juno one of the characters say "A woman becomes a mother when she becomes pregnant, a man becomes a father when he holds his child the first time." So just keep her in your mind and she mourns the loss of her child. Thank you

No comments: