Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I have an army

I have an army of prayer warriors. Friends and family who at an email, facebook message, text or call mobilize, their hearts bow in prayer to God. What an amazing thing. Tonight I sent out a prayer request to some of my prayer warriors. Earlier this year Christina graduated, got engaged and was diagnosed with stomach cancer. You can read more about her story here.

It's comforting to know that I am not alone in lifting up my friend in prayer. And within minutes of sending out a note I had friends already telling me they were in prayer. Praise God, and thank you Lord for you church (not necessarily the physical place but the group of believers seeking Him). I am encouraged, blessed, loved well by them, by you! There is power that we cannot even comprehend when we pray together. I rejoice in my friends prayers and the Holy Spirit praying on my behalf when I don't even know how. "Not as I will, but as You will."

No comments: