Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cleaning house

Between baby stuff and now Christmas decorations my house seems so cluttered. Today I started to go through everything again to find stuff to get rid of. I'm starting with my clothes. I'm such a pack rat, I found a pair of pants that i have had since Junior High. Here is the arguments that occurred in my head:

A: these have got to go
B: I can't get rid of them!
A: yea but they are SO ugly!
but they are so comfy!
A: You own comfy pants that are also cute, why do you need ugly, old pants
B: ... I dunno, but they are SO comfy!
A: when is the last time you wore them?
B: ...fine

I have my two personalities duling it out. The one personality likes stuff clean, the idea of keeping stuff that has no purpose is dumb. But my other side is the pack rat, what if I might need it again? Why buy something new when I could just keep this and use it? It's a constant battle. Now that Micah is here my pack rat side is losing out. Just to much clutter. Finding time to pick up is hard, easier if there is less to pick up! Now just hoping I find the time to clean out my house before the pack rat finds a way back in!

No comments: