Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

I'm so excited for thanksgiving tomorrow, good food, great company! My favorite meal too by the way. And we have so much to be thankful for, yesterday and today it has been raining, I love the rain, the sound, the smell, I love to go walking in the rain and then returning to a nice warm home. Tom and I have so much to be thankful for, there are many changes coming up in our lives right now (no I'm not pregnant).

For those of you dying of curiosity..... someone is right? Well on Sunday they will be announcing that Tom will be leaving by January 1 and at that time (and already some prep work) Tom and I will be training to join Navigators staff. And as of right now we believe that God wants us working at Cal Poly. Yeah, not exactly what I was wanting, but there are positives and negatives to both. I'm eager for a change, but at Cal Poly we will be working under some great people and get some awsome training. I will be getting some change obviously, I will be picking up more hours while Tom will get started on our fundraising. For those of you that are unfamiliar with the Navs, its sort of like missionarys, we will be supported by individuals who wish to donate either a one time amount or a monthly amount that will allow us to work full time with the students. So there will be a few tight months for us while Tom is not working but meeting with tons of people and explaining our ministry and seeing if God's placing it on their hearts to support us. Like I said I will be picking up more hours at the store and maybe another job depending.

So needless to say we are so excited in God's plan and can't wait to get started. Everyone has been so amazingly supportive when we have told them about it. Tomorrow will be a big day telling my grandparents, aunts, uncles and whoever else is there. Anways pray for us as we go into this next step and praise God for just being so cool and letting us get to participate! Have a wonderful thanksgiving!

No comments: